GENERAL HEAT TOOL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
* Do not operate this heat tool below the allowed pressure (check manual) or damage to the heat tool will occur.
* Before using any heat tool, check all parts for proper function and damage to component parts including the hose, regulator and heat tool.
* Hidden areas such as behind walls, ceilings, floors, soffit boards and other panels may contain flammable materials that could be ignited by the heat tool when working in these locations. The ignition of these materials may not be readily apparent and could result in property damage and injury to persons.
When working in these locations, keep the heat tool moving in a back-and-forth motion. Lingering or pausing in one spot could ignite the panel or the material behind it.
* Do not use the heat tool to remove paint.
* Do not point this heat tool at anyone and do not operate in an area where there is a risk of an explosion or fire.
* When working with any type of heat or open flame, always keep a fire extinguisher close by.
* Always wear safety glasses and gloves (flame retardant or leather is suggested) when shrink wrapping. Never obstruct or cover the air inlet at the back of the heat tool. If the air flow is reduced the heat tool will not work properly.
* When shrink wrapping outdoors, do not shrink wrap when the wind is stronger than 16 kph.
* When shrink wrapping indoors, make sure the work area is well ventilated.
* Keep the work area clear of debris, wood shavings, paper products, flammable chemicals and anything else that may catch fire from the heat of the tool.
* Do not wear loose clothing while shrink wrapping and also keep long hair tied back.
* Stay alert, watch what you are doing, and use common sense when operating the heat tool. Do not use tool while tired or under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication.
* A moment of inattention while operating the heat tool may result in serious personal injury.
* Do not overreach. Keep proper footing and balance at all times. Proper footing and balance enables better control of the heat tool in unexpected situations.
* Never operate the heat tool with the combustor nozzle hard up against a surface; this could ignite any material you are shrink wrapping.
* Do not place the combustor nozzle (where the flame comes out of the heat tool) next to anything while it is hot. Never allow the combustor nozzle to come in contact with clothing or skin.
* Do not look down the combustor nozzle while the tool is in operation or attached to a fuel source.
* The heat tool should be kept 15 cm – 20 cm away from the shrink film when in operation. Never keep the heat on one area for more than a few seconds.
* Once heat is applied to the shrink film, it will continue to shrink even after the heat is moved away from the area.
* Never modify the tool in any way and use only Shrinkfast replacement parts.
* Never operate in a basement or closed in, non-ventilated area.
* Never operate the heat tool on an area that you cannot see.