Polyethylene (PE) is environmentally friendly if used responsibly. AS A MATTER OF FACT, IGNORANT USERS ARE NOT ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – most users have access to recycling; the problem is the will and lack of empathy …
The HEAT³ EasyPack™ is made only from the highest quality 100% virgin premium LDPE (low-density polyethylene) heat shrink film on the market, which belongs to the #4 plastic resin group LDPE. Plastic #4 (LDPE) and the HEAT³ EasyPack™ are recyclable. Commonly, resins such as LDPE, HDPE, PET and PP are recyclable (so #1, #2, #4 and #5), LDPE being one of the easiest to process and recycle. LDPE is considered less toxic than other plastics and safe for use. When recycled, LDPE plastic is used for plastic lumber, landscaping boards, rubbish bin liners, floor tiles, etc.
The resins that are not typically recyclable are PVC (Plastic #3), PS – Polystyrene (Plastic #6) and OTHER (Plastic #7)
Using the HEAT³ EasyPack™, you provide your input to sustainability and nature preservation:
Using lighter packaging (such as the HEAT³ EasyPack™) to pack our products, we preserve nature and reduce CO² emissions, fuel consumption and the volume and weight of waste. According to a study conducted in the USA , the use of plastic packaging has a significantly smaller footprint on our environment than alternatives. For example, at comparable values, the use of plastic packaging instead of alternative packaging during the lifetime of packaging will result in the use of significantly less water, the generation of only a fifth of the weight of waste, a twofold reduction in the potential global warming and so on.
The decoupling effect has demonstrated that plastics play a role in helping reduce waste and improve environmental sustainability over time, even as consumer spending habits have increased.
HEAT3 does its best to educate its customers on sending used packaging to a local recyclable material collection point after use. LDPE is usually accepted free of charge, but in many countries recycling drop-off centres also pay for the quantities of clean film received (in this case, the film must be clean and materials of any other categories must be removed). If the film removed from the module is cut into panes, the panes must be placed on top of one another and rolled up. It is then easy to collect, as it does not take up much space this way.
Please check your local recycling drop-off centre’s acceptance policies and conditions.
When packaging with HEAT³ EasyPack™ packaging, the minimum footprint of your activities is left to nature because:
- There is no need to fold and cut the film when packaging the module – you only use the minimum quantity of film required, unlike other roll materials, which you have to fold and cut to form the correct packaging.
- You have no or minimal (up to 5%) packaging waste in the module building factory – the HEAT³ EasyPack™ is designed so that you do not normally generate film waste in the factory production process which should be disposed of. When wrapping in roll film, depending on the length of the roll itself and the shape and dimensions of the module, an average of 15% film waste can be generated, which must be disposed of.
- In the production of packaging, HEAT³ uses 98% purchased raw material. The remaining 2% is sent back for recycling through a waste management company.
Nature (especially oceans) is harmed by the accumulation of microplastics, which also reach fish, birds, animals and humans. It is easy to throw small amounts into nature so that nobody notices, but it is much more difficult to get rid of packaging for modular houses in an improper manner. Due to the size and quantity of the packaging it is easier for the user to arrange for LDPE to be sent to recycling companies than it is to hide it, and if the conditions are met, even earn a refund by giving it away.
To separate and collect the used film, we recommend using the same FIBC (flexible intermediate bulk container) Big-Bag (Big-Bags are made out of PP, which is also recyclable), in which the ordered HEAT³ EasyPack™ packaging is sent to you. This way:
- film is separated from the rest of the waste so that it can be easily disposed of at a local recycling drop-off centre;
- the waste stays clean and does not volatilise in nature